We rely on the creative wizardry of events made special thanks to planners, caterers, floral designers, lighting specialists and the like. These are the experts that transform worry into wonderful, an event into an experience. But knowing how to choose the right service professional with both reputation and reliability often presents a challenge. Remember, the more you learn in advance, the less room for difficulty later on.
This blueprint of what criteria to consider and questions to ask before you sign on the dotted line will help you feel comfortable with your decision. Whether you work with a wedding planner or individual service providers, don’t hesitate to interview them. And, if you don’t feel good about their answers, chances are you haven’t found the right match. After all, this is your moment and you want it to be all you’ve dreamed about.
What to Consider:
Flexibility and people skills: Your event professional should be easy to speak with and be comfortable in accepting your requests. Creativity: Look at samples of his/her work to see if his style is in keeping with your vision. Diplomacy and discretion: Your personal information should be held in the highest regard. From your budget to the photos and addresses of your guests, you should feel confident that this information will remain private. Attention to detail: The most minor detail should be given as much attention as those that are major. You want to be sure the person you work with is astute and involved every step of the way.
Key questions To Ask:
• How many clients do you have in a year and in my wedding month?
• Will I be working directly with you throughout the process or someone in your office?
• Do you work alone or with a team?
• What are your back up plans if there is a major problem at the last minute?
• What would cause me to incur additional fees not already agreed upon?
• Will we have a sample tasting? If we are not happy with a particular choice at the tasting, can we do a second sample tasting?
• If you have to make food substitutions on the day of the event, will you advise me first?
• What is the turnaround time for seeing final photographs after we make our selections?
• Are you familiar with the venue where I am planning my event/wedding/Bar/Bat Mitzvah? Have you ever had any issues with that venue?
When dealing with leading event service professionals that are expert in their fields and vetted by proprietary and stringent criteria you can rely on their ability to deliver a custom event executed flawlessly and seamlessly.